Today my mom and I went to the movies to see Karate Kid. It was GREAT to get out of the house and get distracted from the relentless search for employment.
The movie was excellent. We really enjoyed it. My mom is so funny. She really gets into movies, cheering and clapping when things are going well for the protagonist and cowering in defeat when they are struggling. So funny!
At any rate, the point of this post. At one point in the movie Mr. Han (Jackie Chan) says "there is a difference between being still and doing nothing". Wow, it just spoke to me and my current situation. It is easy to sit back, to do nothing, to say God knows my heart so I will sit back and just wait to see how He gets me out of this mess. Conversely I can choose to actively get still (be silent, wait) before God. For me this means pulling up to God, getting right next to Him, listening and focusing on Him. I am choosing to be actively still in the midst of this season.
Thank you Mr. Han, thank you.
"Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes." Psalm 37:7 (NIV)
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him." Psalm 62:5 (NIV)
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Wisdom from Mr. Han
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment