I told my boss this week that I really used to be good at saying no. I mean, isn't that one of the most powerful words in the English language? I have somehow let this word fall by the wayside and am constantly find myself overcommitted and grouchy as a result. Why do I do this to myself? Is it just some innate thing that I was born with? At any rate, after attending a function with mixed company and feeling like the odd man out, then cooking dinner in the morning (yes y'all at 6:00 am) for Cel, just to hang out with some co-workers who failed to tell me that our plans were cancelled, then running crazy trying to find just the right dish for my second soiree of the week, I decided that reinstating NO in to my vocabulary would be a very freeing thing. And so, the power of NO begins again...
By the way, I did okay with my Monday Menu Plan last week. I cooked three out of five meals and so we try again.
SUNDAY- Baked chicken (thanks to Beth), hash brown casserole, fried corn, asparagus
MONDAY- Chicken Ceasar Pitas
TUESDAY- Taco Salad
WEDNESDAY- Chicken, Spinach Pizza
THURSDAY- Chicken Salad (I am kinda cheating, because I am getting it from Atlanta Bread Company)
FRIDAY-eating out
SATURDAY- We will be in Cali for our late summer vacation, so who knows.
I want to tell you all about this study that my mom and I are doing called, "Becoming the Woman God Wants Me to Be", but I am tired, so I will fill you in later. A little cliffhanger for this week... :)
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Too much to do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment