CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Begin Again...

Today I overheard a co-worker talking about how she was over herself. She mentioned how she needed to do better with eating, exercising, even mopping her floor. She continued by saying that she felt that a new hair style would be just the thing to jump start new and improved self.

Wow...it was such a moment for me. I feel the same way. I mean that defeated, frustrated feeling...ugh! Why do we do that as women, disregard ourselves ad nauseam? I just don't get it, but I do want to conquer it.

As my co-worker continued I thought a little deeper. I mean the one thing she thought of to get on track was a new hair style. I am not condeming her as I too have had the same thoughts. Why do we think that the answer to our shortcomings lies in fixing something on the outside, maybe the issue is on inside...just maybe...

0 comments: