CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Curse is Broken

Today marked the first day of Falcons Season. My husband is so committed to this "marginal" performing team. This is Marcel's third year as a Season Ticket holder. Each year, without fail, I attend the season opener of the game and watch the Falcons get pummelled. It is SO embarrassing. I sit there barely looking at Marcel as he intensely focuses on the game, yelling at the refs, arguing with the opposing teams fans, it is a real bore.This year was different. We arrived to the game early as usual. We took our seats, said our hellos to familiar faces and then watched, what for me was the most entertaining Falcons game I have ever, I do mean ever, seen. It is the first game that I have been to our 10 year relationship that the Falcons won. In the first Falcons drive, Michael Jenkins scored a touchdown. After that, IT WAS ON! Michael Turner ran for over 200 yards. John Abraham was bringing it with sacks. Grady Jackson was laying people out...it was great. I was really excited and glad I finally was able to watch a Falcons victory with Marcel. The curse is broken. Well at least for this week it is.

1 comments:

Beth said...

YAY! Falcons. Looks like you guys had a great time. What a cute couple :-).